Volunteer Fair Open House
Save the date! ERCA will be hosting a Volunteer Fair Open House on Thursday February 6th 2020 from 6:30pm to 8pm in Committee Room C (second floor). Visit anytime to learn about the upcoming year and join us for a short presentation from program staff at 7pm.
This fair is great for:
- High school students looking to gain hours in environmental and cultural experiences
- Young professionals looking to build skills for their resumes and portfolios
- Anyone who is interested in natural and cultural heritage in Windsor-Essex County
Some of the core programs we are offering volunteer positions for include:
- How To Crew (the group that helps with planting quality during community restoration events)
- Youth Environment Ambassadors or YEA Team (youth group involved in conservation, stewardship and outreach)
- Detroit River Canadian Cleanup programs
- John R. Park Homestead volunteers who help with a wide range of activities and initiatives at the living museum, and conservation area, throughout the year
- Volunteer opportunities for community events such as Maple Festival, Earth Day Community Planting, community cleanups, community restoration projects, invasive species pulls, Lost Arts Festival, Hawk Festival, Super Santa Run and more!
All staff who coordinate these programs will be present and able to answer any questions you may have.
For more information, contact Gina Pannunzio, Partnerships and Outreach Coordinator at 519-776-5209 ext. 245.