Windsor/Essex – In a continued effort to proactively respond to the public health guidelines for preventative action related to COVID-19, Essex Region Conservation announces the following changes to operations and programs:
- All programming will be cancelled until April 5, 2020. This includes public and private school programming, festivals and events, and workshops.
- The Essex Region Conservation Foundation Annual General Meeting will be postponed until a later date.
- All essential services including our Flood Forecasting and Warning remain active.
- ERCA offices at 360 Fairview Avenue West will continue modified operations. Inquiries can be made over the phone and by email. However, we will be closed to walk-in visits until further notice.
- Staff will continue to review applications and issue permits as efficiently as possible, under modified working conditions.
- Outdoor conservation areas and trails will continue to be open as usual, but indoor facilities such as the John R. Park Homestead will be closed.
- Cottage Rentals at Holiday Beach Conservation Area will continue as usual, but with enhanced cleaning and sanitation protocols.
- Staff returning after March 13 from any travel outside Canada have been directed to self-isolate according to public health directions.
Since 1973, Essex Region Conservation has been enriching and sustaining our region as the Place for Life.
Danielle Breault Stuebing
Director, Communications & Outreach Services