Essex Region Conservation manages four waterfowl hunting areas, each with their own details and regulations.
Big Creek Waterfowl Hunting
Fee: Minimum Bid $734.50 (taxes included)
ERCA rents 5 seasonal waterfowl hunting blinds in Big Creek on a yearly basis. Waterfowl hunting will be permitted 7 days a week: from ½ hour before sunrise until ½ hour after sunset. Please Note – Each permit holder will be responsible for construction and upkeep the blinds. To bid on Big Creek Seasonal Hunting Blind(s), please completed and submit the bid form below before August 14th. Notice to all hunters who submit a bid form will be provided by August 16th, 2019. It is strongly recommended that you use the map to go and visit the sites in order to have an understanding of what you are bidding on.
Holiday Beach Waterfowl Hunting
– Blinds 3 & 4are available starting Saturday, September 28, 2019, 6 days per week until Saturday, November 9th. After which, hunting days are Mon Wed Fri and Saturday.
– Blinds 6 & 7are available starting Monday, October 21, 2019, 6 days per week until Saturday, November 9th. After which, hunting days are Mon Wed Fri and Saturdays.
– Blinds 18 and 21 are available starting Saturday, September 28, 2019, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays.
– Blind 5 (Accessible Blind) is available starting Wednesday, October 23, 2019, Monday, Wednesday, Friday and Saturdays.
– Morning shoot:½ hour before sunrise until 12:30 pm.
– Afternoon shoot: will begin at 1:00 pm until ½ hour after sunset.
Anyone found hunting after the posted time will be charged with trespassing.
More information about the 2019 Season available soon.