Due to Covid-19, all in person hunting draws are suspended. As new hunting draw processed are developed, they are posted on our website below. Please pay attention to draw date deadlines. To those hunters who currently receive emails from us, you will be emailed once this information is available. Thank you for your continued patience as we navigate this time.
Essex Region Conservation manages four waterfowl hunting areas, each with their own details and regulations.
Holiday Beach Waterfowl Hunting
Holiday Beach Conservation Area hunting programs have converted to a digital platform. For the 2020-2021 season, blinds will be available to book through a new on-line booking reservation system.
- Hunting blind sales begin at 10am on Saturday, September 19, 2020.
- Only full day rentals are available for the 2020 season.
- Blinds will be available on a first come, first served basis, up to a maximum of 3 blinds per hunter until October 10, 2020.
- If a hunter books more than 3 blinds before October 10, 2020, ALL of your reservations will be cancelled and made available to other hunters.
- After October 10, 2020, hunters may book additional blinds without restrictions.
- You will receive an automatic email confirmation of your purchase.
- Staff will email you your dash card permit(s) and gate access code to gain entry into the park on the day(s) you have successfully booked.within three business days.
- Hunters will be required to print and display this permit on their vehicle dash, visible in the front windshield.
If you encounter problems booking blinds on September 19, 2020, between 10 am and Noon, staff will be available by phone, by calling 519-776-5209, extension 367.
Questions prior to September 19, 2020 can be emailed to email@example.com. Questions after 12:00 pm (noon) on September 19, 2020 can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. We will endeavor to provide you with a response to your questions as quickly as possible, but we cannot guarantee that we provide you with a written response before September 19, 2020 at 10 am.
Registration Fee: $17.00 (taxes included)
Full day blind rental fee $55.00 (taxes included)
Registration for the draw closed on September 1st, 2020 and most hunting locations have been sold. Staff are contacting hunters in order to sell the last remaining sites. Thank you for your interest and participation in the 2020 Deer Hunting draw process.
ERCA has approximately 12 woodlots of varying sizes throughout the Essex Region that it rents to hunters with valid Ministry of Natural Resources permits in place to hunt White Tail Deer. Hunting is permitted by ground or tree stands and is bow only – no guns. 10-24 acre woodlot – 2 hunters permitted, 25-49 acre woodlot – 3 hunters permitted, 50 acre plus – 4 hunters permitted.
Big Creek Waterfowl Hunting
Thank you to all hunters interested in using our Big Creek Conservation Area for waterfowl hunting. 2020 hunters have been selected and issued permits. If you do not have a permit now, you were not successful for the 2020 season. We encourage you to review our other waterfowl hunting opportunities.
Seasonal Blind Fee: $711.90 (taxes included)
Hillman Marsh Conservation Area rents approximately 17 seasonal waterfowl hunting blinds each year. Hunting will be permitted 6 days a week: Monday to Saturday from ½ hour before sunrise until 3 PM. As of September 17, 2020 the following waterfowl hunting blinds are available: 5, 8, 9, & 17. These blinds can be rented on a first come first serve basis. To secure one of these blinds please email Kevin Money at email@example.com, indicating the blind you are wanting to rent.