Horseback riding is permitted on sections of the Chrysler Canada Greenway:
- Between South Talbot Road and Concession 4, accessed via parking at Caesar’s Windsor Community Entrance. Directions here
- Between Ferris Side Road and McCain Road, accessed via parking at Schwab Farms Community Entrance. Directions Here
- Walk or trot only. No galloping or cantering.
- Before coming onto the greenway, familiarize your horses with common trail encounters, such as; cyclists, dogs, strollers, etc.,
- Greet other users early. While, walkers, runners and cyclists should yield to horses, many trail-users can be intimidated by horses and/or don’t know what to do. Be friendly, communicate early, and be prepared to stop as they yield for you.
- Expect the unexpected. Small children, dogs, and even humans can be unpredictable or frightened by horses.
- Clean up after your animal. Horse manure must be removed from the trail.
- Stay on the grassed section if there is room.
- If you trailer to a designated Community Entrance that has facilities for horses, do not clean out your trailer in the parking area.