Role of the Youth Environment Ambassador
Essex Region Conservation is seeking nominations from youth aged 16 to 29 across Windsor-Essex interested in making a positive impact on the local environment as Youth Environment Ambassadors! The selected candidates will work with ERCA for a one to two year term to achieve a wide range of environmental objectives such as participating in various events, festivals, workshops, meetings that ERCA hosts and partners with other agencies with such as the Earth Day celebration and Essex Region Children’s Water Festival. As well, the candidates will have an opportunity to participate in community restoration activities, attend special days at ERCA’s various conservation areas, watershed cleanups, wildlife walks and monitoring events as well as creating exciting communications material to connect with other youth in the region.
- Must currently live in the Windsor-Essex Region and be willing to stay in the role for a minimum of one year.
- Knowledge of the local environment of the area.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English; French language skills considered an asset.
- Schedule to be determined once candidate is placed in the role, number of hours varies based on projects. Holiday, weekend and evening work may be required.
- Environmental conditions range from working in a standard office environment as well as outdoor work for outreach events. This may require prolonged standing/walking and carrying equipment.
How to Apply
For those interested, please fill out the online application form to express why you would be a good fit for the Youth Environment Ambassador team for ERCA. The deadline to apply is Friday January 31 2020 at 4pm. If you have completed the form in 2019 and wish to return, you do not need to fill out the new form.
YEA Team Orientation
YEA Team Orientation will take place on Thursday February 13 2020 at 6:30pm to 8pm in Committee Room C at the Essex Civic Centre. For more information and to register, click here.
For more information, please contact:
Partnerships and Outreach Coordinator
519-776-5209 ext. 245