Water Rangers and Lake Erie Guardians Wetland Planting
Residents across Windsor-Essex are invited to join the Essex Region Conservation Authority in partnership with Water Rangers and the Lake Erie Guardians at our upcoming wetland restoration event. On October 11, 2023 between 4:30p and 6:30p volunteers are needed to plant a variety of native shrub, wetland and prairie species in the Big Creek Watershed. There will be a good share of plant material to plant at this event, and we welcome you to register. Pre-registration through Eventbrite is required and spaces are limited. This event will take place rain or shine, and will be delayed because of severe weather only.
With sincere appreciation to the Water Rangers for providing this opportunity to do more in the western basin of Lake Erie.
Location & Parking
The new wetland is located along County Rd 50 in Amherstburg between Holiday Beach Conservation Area and the Holiday Beach Demonstration Wetland. Parking will be available at the Demonstration Wetland and overflow parking will be available along County Rd 50. Please view the coordinates on google maps for the wetland access location off County Rd 50: 42.031575, -83.017744
What to Bring
- Please bring a reusable water bottle with you to the planting event.
- It may be helpful to bring a towel, an extra pair of socks to change into after planting and some clean shoes for the car ride home.
- All planting equipment will be provided, but if you have a favourite pair of gardening gloves, shovel and trowel feel free to bring them.
- Volunteer paperwork
What to Wear
- Dress for the weather. October can bring a wide range of conditions. We recommend dressing in layers, bring extra socks, a towel, rain pants and jacket, hat etc.
- Wear sturdy footwear such as hiking or rubber boots that are comfortable. Wetland’s are muddy! We do not recommend wearing running shoes.
For more information contact Laura Neufeld, Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.