Marsh Monitoring Advanced Training Workshop
Did you help collect important amphibian and aquatic bird data this year for Bird Studies Canada in Windsor-Essex County? We would like to hear from you!
Bird Studies Canada (BSC), in partnership with Environment Canada, the City of Windsor and the Essex Region Conservation Authority (ERCA), are hosting an advanced marsh monitoring training workshop Saturday November 3 2018 at the Hillman Marsh Conservation Area Nature Centre. Morning snacks and refreshments will be provided courtesy of Bird Studies Canada. Many thanks to TD Friends of the Environment Foundation for supporting this amazing citizen science initiative!
Hillman Marsh Conservation Area: 1826 Mersea Rd 2, Leamington, ON. Plenty of parking available.
- 8:30am registration
- 9am workshop begins with an overview from Bird Studies Canada, wetlands of Windsor-Essex County and the bigger Great Lakes picture, identification skills and sharing best practices when in the field collecting data.
- 10:30 am marsh walk
- 11:30 am debrief and open discussion (continued through lunch)
- 1pm wrap up
What to Bring
- Proper field clothes for early November weather
- Your notes, maps, photos of your season, questions, concerns, survey discoveries
- Notebook and something to write with
- Lunch, snacks, reusable water bottle
TO REGISTER CLICK HERE.
For more information, please contact Gina, ERCA’s Partnerships and Outreach Coordinator at 519-776-5209 ext. 245 or email@example.com.