College Avenue Bikeway Community Tree Planting 2023
Volunteers are welcome to register for the upcoming fall community tree planting event hosted by the Essex Region Conservation Authority in partnership with the City of Windsor and the Gordie Howe International Bridge project. A total of 40 large native to Windsor-Essex potted trees will be planted at College Avenue Bikeway Park to increase urban shade and biodiversity. The holes will be excavated in advance to help with breaking the ground.
Pre-registration through Eventbrite is required. Event will take place rain or shine, and will be delayed because of severe weather only.
Location, Parking and Public Transportation
College Avenue Bikeway Park is located along College Avenue in Sandwich between Brock Street and Prince Road. Public parking is available at the park and in the surrounding neighbourhood. Public transportation to Crowley Park is available via the Crosstown 2, Transway 1C, Central 3, Central 3 west, and South Windsor 7. The west end terminal for Transit Windsor is located at the corner of College Avenue and Brock Street, near Crowley Park.
View the City of Windsor page for College Avenue Bikeway: https://www.citywindsor.ca/residents/parksandforestry/City-Parks/Pages/College-Avenue-Bikeway.aspx
Funding for this event has been provided by the Gordie Howe International Bridge Community Benefits Plan.
What to Bring
- Please bring a reusable water bottle with you to the planting event.
- It may be helpful to bring a towel, an extra pair of socks to change into after planting and some clean shoes for the car ride home.
- All planting equipment will be provided, but if you have a favourite pair of gardening gloves, shovel and trowel feel free to bring them.
- Volunteer paperwork
What to Wear
- Dress for the weather. November can bring a wide range of conditions. We recommend dressing in layers, bring extra socks, a towel, rain pants and jacket, hat etc.
- Wear sturdy footwear such as hiking or rubber boots that is comfortable. We do not recommend wearing running shoes.
For more information contact Laura Neufeld, Community Outreach Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.