Amherstburg Volunteer Tree Planting for Earth Day
About this event
Bring the family or join with friends to plant a tree for EARTH DAY! Medium-sized trees will be planted at The Libro Centre to add to Amherstburg’s tree canopy and offset the effects of climate change.
The Town of Amherstburg has provided funding for this event & Essex Region Conservation Authority arranged the helpful resources and expertise.
Tree planting will occur rain or shine and only will be delayed because of severe weather.
NOTE: Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. Those under 16 years must be accompanied by an adult. Anyone 16 or 17 years of age will require a parent/guardian to sign a volunteer release form.
Location & Parking
The Libro Centre, 3295 Meloche Road, Amherstburg, N9V 2Y8
Please park in the Libro Centre Parking lot and walk to the designated planting site south of the building.
What to Bring
• Please bring a reusable water bottle with you to the planting event.
• It may be helpful to bring a towel, an extra pair of socks to change into after planting and some clean shoes for the car ride home.
• All planting equipment will be provided, but if you have a favourite pair of gardening gloves, shovel and trowel, feel free to bring them.
• Volunteer paperwork – please print & complete the attached document for each volunteer.
What to Wear
• Dress for the weather. April can bring a wide range of conditions. We recommend dressing in layers, bring extra socks, a towel, rain pants and jacket, hat etc.
• Wear sturdy footwear such as hiking or rubber boots that are comfortable. This location can be extremely muddy with rough terrain. Therefore, we do not recommend wearing running shoes.